In short: build and deploy this for instant monitoring.
Seeing no viable containerization of the Xymon monitoring system (and the 'net is large -- I could have missed it), I have created some.
Eventually I will be maintaining images on the Docker Hub as well as the source.
For now, get it from https://github.com/deweysasser/docker-xymon
Here's the README
Dockerization of the Xymon monitoring system on an Ubuntu base
docker build -t xymon docker-xymon docker run -d -p 80:80 -p 1984:1984 -v /etc/xymon:/etc/xymon --name xymon xymon
- 80 -- Web server
- 1984 -- Xymon/bb client reporting port
- /etc/xymon -- all xymon configuration data
- /var/lib/xymon -- xymon data (monitoring state)
- Password protection on cgi directories is currently disabled
- There is no way for Xymon to send email
Please submit all issues/suggestions/bugs via https://github.com/deweysasser/docker-xymon